15 May 2016

Sunday Snips & Stuff from Tricia McGill

Here's another snippet from my latest BWL release, A Heart In Conflict (Challenge the Heart Book 2)

Opposites attract, it is a well-known fact. At times this leads to insurmountable conflict, when at other times, sit back and watch the fireworks.
Steve Tanakis considers himself cool and calmly confident. Head of a fashion business, he needs to be in control of his life and his business decisions. He decides it is time to find a suitable mother for his son. Through with the pain that comes along with passion, he now considers what he wants is an unemotional wife, one who will fit well into his way of life.
Georgie McNamara, assistant designer in his fashion house, is flamboyant, vivacious, and gregarious, the antitheses to his idea of the perfect choice. The tiny whirlwind turns Steve's organized lifestyle upside down, somehow worming her way into his, and his son’s life, foiling all his plans to find that uncomplicated wife. Along the way Steve comes to realize there is a lot more to this bundle of feminine trouble than he first thought. Is she more trouble than he can handle?
Buy here at Amazon


How come a woman of twenty-two hasn’t got her own transport in this day and age? I pay you well, don’t I?”

“I like to walk.” She upped her chin. “I only live five minutes away from Sophinia’s and Melbourne has a perfectly adequate public transport system if I wish to go further.”

“What if it’s raining?” He was clearly amazed.

“I love walking in the rain. You should try it. You’d be surprised how refreshing it is.” She grinned.

“I’m sure. So, how about it? I’d be eternally grateful. Jimmy likes you, and he wouldn’t be quite so disgusted with me. I’m sure he’d love your sister, especially if she plays the guitar. You could get a cab to your aunt’s house if you don’t want to drive. It strikes me you aren’t looking forward to spending time with these relatives. You could dodge your uncle’s depressing monologues, and save my face. Did you have anything planned for the rest of the break?”

“Not anything too important,” she said slowly. Georgie rather liked the idea of him being eternally grateful to her. “Lucy and I were going on a few day trips. I was going to make myself a few outfits. I have some brilliant ideas.”

“As unique as the dress you’re wearing?” His eyes wandered up and down her length. But his question didn’t sound exactly complementary.

“What’s wrong with this?” Lifting a handful of chiffon she glanced at it.

“Absolutely nothing. Your taste is incredible.”

Georgie caught his secret little smile as he said that and then her eyes were drawn to his well-shaped and strong hands. Awareness tingled up her spine as her vivid imagination conjured up sexual actions that could be performed by those hands. Abruptly she made for the door, just catching the look of surprise that flashed over his face. “I have to be getting home. Have you seen my handbag? I left it down here somewhere.”

“It’s in the hall cupboard.” He waved a hand in that direction. “Don’t worry, I’ll take you home. Sit down, Georgie, I have a proposition to put to you.” He was back in Boss mode, his tone imperious.

Georgie gulped. “About what?” She’d been propositioned quite a few times and didn’t go much on them.

“Don’t look at me like that. I’m talking about a business proposition.”

“Oh.”

Mischief glinted in his eyes as he motioned for her to sit again. Georgie perched straight-backed on the chair, knees primly together.

“If you consider doing this favour for me I might consider inserting one or two of those excellent designs you showed me last week in our next collection,” he said.

“That’s blackmail!”

“It could be looked on that way. But I should confess I’ve been seriously contemplating using some of your ideas later.”

Steve wasn’t stringing her a line. Her designs were good. They would have to be moderated, for they were too extreme for his buyers. Her last batch of sketches had interested him so much he’d thought about letting her produce a new range for a younger market than the one he now catered for. It would get her out of Greta’s hair and put and end to their blatant clash of opinions.

“Your designing talent is out of this world,” Steve assured her with a straight face. That was true. He might not find her style to his liking, but that didn’t alter the fact she was highly talented. He eyed her frothy turquoise creation.

Steve gazed thoughtfully at her. The morning sunlight caught the highlights in her hair, making it shimmer like streaked silk. Would it feel as soft as it looked? He fisted his hands. He felt hot under the collar, and fascinated by her. What would she say now if he were to ask if it bothered her that, for such a tiny person, she was certainly over-endowed?

In fact, she had the figure of a goddess, all the curves in the right places. He ran a finger up the side of his nose as he regarded her. No woman of his acquaintance blushed as much as she did. He doubted if Marika had ever blushed in her life.

“You’re kidding!” Her lovely eyes were wide, and he had to shake himself to remember the subject at hand.

“I never kid about my business, Georgie. I’m dead serious. You strike me as sensible.” That was a half-truth. At times she was like a bomb about to explode, always on the move, gesturing with her expressive hands.

“This is a fun romp through the fashion world in Australia. Steve Tanakis is a dark, brooding hero with a fragile heart and a penchant for neutral colours. Georgie is a free spirit who surrounds herself with bright hues and lots of laughter. Their love story is touching, funny, and very moving. How Georgie wins her man and finds her dream job, and how Steve conquers Georgie’s heart, is a fast-paced, beguiling story that kept me turning pages until way after midnight.”—Review by Jennifer Macaire
Please take a moment to pop on over to these blogs for more Snips & Stuff from talented BWL authors:
http://mizging.blogspot.com (Ginger Simpson)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Troubled Heart--pre-released

  Order now for January 24 release Unsure of his real past or name, Finn O’Connor thinks he was born in Ireland and taken from his mother as...